Some songs just have the ability to transport us to a certain time or place. The music-memory connection really is pretty amazing, right?
Why am I talking about this? Well, since the school year has begun, I have to start waking up to an alarm again. I haven’t gotten to changing the alarm tone since the England trip, so each time it goes off, wonderful vacation memories are brought up.
Which got me thinking about all the other tunes that invoke some lovely memories. Here are just some on the top of my head.
- Come & Get It – Selena Gomez
- Every time I hear this now, I’m brought back to the gymnasium in
- where all the dance troupes slept.
We were originally told to bring sleeping bags, but luckily we were provided with cots which were so comfy!
Just another pic from Alnwick, with us in full dance costume. 😀 That performance on the grass at Alnwick Castle was definitely one of my favorites. The dance is called Mongolian Greetings and is set on the wide grassy plains of Mongolia, so the location was quite apt.
Still missing the breakfast buffet @ the Novotel pretty bad.
Also reminds me of the not-so-early morning calls we had in London at the awesome Novotel. In our defense, traveling is supposed to be easy, why should we bother waking up at the crack of dawn?
- Sleazy – Ke$ha, Judas – Lady Gaga These two songs were part of one of the dance pieces I did with the dance club back in the 10th grade. I still remember listening to the songs and practicing the moves over and over again.
Can you spot me in the pic? 😛
- Billionaire – Travie McCoy feat. Bruno Mars, California Girls – Katy Perry, Dynamite – Taio Cruz
Just some of the songs that radio stations seemed to put on constant repeat in the summer of 2010. LA, it’s been way too long since we last met.
Yay for friends! Miss you guys so much!!!!!!!!!!
Falling asleep with our old nanny. <3<3<3<3
Getting our caricature that cost 50 bucks(!!!!) at LEGOLAND. Note to self: Next time, ask for the price first.
Wet rides are a must in summer!
I think I’ll stop right here because I’m getting a serious case of nostalgia now. Which songs bring up special memories for you? I’d love to know.